Summary of essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates with Production to ensure that ship by dates are met for all projects.
- Forecasts delivery times and transport costs.
- Responsible for managing all outbound shipments, including preparation of sequentially numbered paper work in software accounting system, management of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of transportation services. UPS/FedEx software is to be used effectively and understood for summary reporting on request.
- Maintains awareness of and strategic response to external influences, such as; legislation, fuel costs and environmental pressures.
- Analyzes data to monitor performance and plan improvements.
- Problem solves for customers and suppliers about shipping routes, delayed items, and rush orders.
- Examines contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepares documents, such as work orders, bills of loading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Contacts carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Correspond with Carriers to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or non-conformance to specifications.
- Performs administrative duties like answering phones, updating records, and providing excellent customer service.
- Keeps organized shipping records, including statements of origin, shipping costs, products shipped, and receipt dates.
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1 year of similar or related experiences
- Strong Computer Skills including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and strong home row and 10-key typing skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work to limit high and low periods.
- Exemplary Customer-Facing and Customer Service Skills.
- Self-Motivated and a Creative Problem-Solver.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of international and domestic shipping processes.
- Experience in a Warehouse Environment.