Planning a new playground is an exciting experience, but can seem like a daunting task.
Your efforts in planning this investment for your community is well worth your time, and Playcraft Systems is here to assist you every step of the way. We've outlined the following six steps of planning to get you started. If you have any questions or concerns along the way, our consultants are always happy to assist you.
6 Steps of Planning a Playground
Step 1: Core Factors
During this step, you need to determine the purpose of this playground. The following questions are just a few that should be answered:
- What is the budget for this project?
- What are the dimensions of the space for this project?
- What is the age range of the children who will use the equipment?
- How many children should the playground accommodate at once?
- What other factors need to be included in this project?
(e.g. Surfacing, installation, site amenities)
Step 2: Design
Once you know your core factors, you can start looking at the design. At this point, you should start thinking about what you want this playground to look like.
- Should it take a modern appearance, or do you prefer a more traditional style?
- Do you want a variety of freestanding items throughout the site?
- What colors would you like throughout the equipment?
- Is there any particular equipment you would like to see in the playground, or is there equipment you would not like to see?
Step 3: Budgeting
After you have designed your desired playground, you have to determine how you will budget for it. If the budget is already in place, then great, move on to Step 4. However, if you only have part of the budget, start reviewing Playcraft's fundraising and financing options.
Step 4: Placing the Order
It's time to make a purchase. Verify that your playground design is exactly what you want, including the colors of the equipment. Then, contact your local Playcraft Consultant as they will help guide you through Playcraft's online ordering system.